Where can you go to study on exchange and how to do it
Study abroad is an ideal way for students to enhance their skills, broaden their horizons, and have a lifetime of experiences.

foreign partner universities

students take part in mobility programs every year

double degree programs
After the 2nd year, PGUPS students have the opportunity to study at one of the partner foreign universities. These can be either short-term trips and internships, or "double degree" programs lasting from 1 year. By the end of such a program students get two diplomas: the PGUPS diploma and the diploma of the foreign partner universities.

International academic mobility programs are implemented together with the leading universities of Finland, Germany, Spain, France, China and other countries.

Before you go to study abroad, talk to your program advisor and the dean of your department to make sure the trip will not interfere with your studies.
Talk to your parents about the trip; you may need their financial support. Ask your employer if you can work remotely. Talk to guys who are in the exchange or who have already completed their training.

Select the university that offers disciplines within the selected specialty. The list of recommended for training partner universities of PSUPS in the attached file.

List of documents for participation in the first stage of the competition:

1. Letter of motivation and CV,
2. Certificate of English proficiency not lower than B2. Use a valid TOEFL/IELTS certificate.

IMPORTANT: If your partner school is in another language (German, French, Italian, etc.), you must provide a certificate of proficiency in that language.

Why participate in international exchange programs

Improve your language skills
Learn about the cultures and education systems of other countries
Meet new people, have new experiences


— The cost of tuition?
— PGUPS partner universities offer free tuition as part of the agreements.
— What costs must be planned for?
— Visa fees, expenses for obtaining a language certificate, travel to and from the place of study, accommodation, meals, insurance, organizational fees at the host institution/organization.

To calculate the approximate cost of living abroad you can use the service NUMBEO
— Who to ask the questions to?
— International Academic Mobility Office supervises international student mobility programs (room 1−319)
If you have any questions, please contact us any way you like:

Phone: +7 812 457 80 39
Social Media: VK| Facebook | Instagram |

Telegram chat for questions about study abroad

© 2021
Emperor Alexander I St.Petersburg State Transport University (PGUPS)